About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

Small Kitchens with Fifties Flair

Every magazine article and blog about small-space decorating and decorating on the cheap is catching my eye these days. Especially this post by Donna Davis at The Apron Revolution. The fact that it's about vintage 1950s kitchens is the maraschino cherry on the sundae.

You'll discover ideas from the 1950s that can make a small kitchen of today functional and fun. There's also a fascinating chronology of how kitchens have changed over generations.

Smaller doesn't mean lesser. Small kitchens worked for our moms, and we turned out all right. (Didn't we?) So mix yourself a glass of Tang and enjoy this fun blog.

2 comments:

  1. We grew up in the same era, Susan! Your posts really bring me back to my upbringing and everything that was delightful and quaint about it. I'll be back!

    Jayna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayna! It's always a good feeling when connections are made with readers. I'm glad there's something here you enjoy. And I'm learning a LOT about keywords from your blog. Feels like I'm back in school! Susan

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics